Saturday, March 17, 2007

saturday



I plan to think green today. I am foiled by the white that covers all that I see. There is no safe place to walk. The snow is hardened to the point where the easiest place to walk is on top. As I cross a field my mind imagines conquering the North Pole- how did they do it? The snow slows you down and the wind beats you back.



A bus driver slows kindly, thinking I might be getting on...
No, I am taking a picture... he nods, waves and drives away




The 25th day and I encounter the real Ridgewood Walker. Not that I'm not really walking, I am. The real Ridgewood Walker walks every day, all year round. I have not seen her since last year and started to worry. This treacherous cold walking morning brings her across my path.
Yes, she's been out, usually at 6. Today it was later.
Nice to see you!

Those are the walking spikes you told us about last year! They are the only way to get around this morning. The street has 3 inches of ice, the sidewalk can't be found...
Be safe Ridgewood Walker! See you again, I hope


There's something cool and green at the bagel place.
great decorations
Shamrock bagels and lucky Green cream cheese..
Top O the Morning!





Irish Eyes new owners promised to be open for St. Patrick's Day. It's early... there's time to clear the sidewalk before the celebration. The dancers will be there this afternoon.






Bagpiper could not make it- snowed in
The music is fine and brogue-ish at Mt. Carmel

Kath- It's your day!
Fine Irish friend with fine Irish smile


Fine Irish Lass


Fine Irish Mum
In a fine Irish Cloak


Fine Irish Priest
Father Tom




Fine Irish Grandmother


Fine Irish Soda Bread

Hey, you the lady taking pictures early this morning?
Hey, you the nice bus driver from early this morning?



First there is no mountain
then there is a mountain




GREEN


Green

Avenue shop owners digging out
It's not an easy morning.
If it makes you feel better, everyone is in the same boat

Mango Jam will open
shoveling is needed first


Glittery finery


The Green Guys
"We work for the railroad!"



Good thing! ... or they'd never make it to the city for the parade





The Empty Vase is Full



Good Luck!
and thank you



Machinery for the weather










Fine cap on a fine friend



and a fine smile on a fine walking friend




mushy on the way back





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: