Saturday, March 10, 2007

saturday



Saturday is such a good day. I get out 5 minutes late, and that's not good. I keep remembering what a beautiful day it was just 7 days ago, and know that I cannot expect the same today.
I probably don't need all the layers I have on, but I'll be out for a while.
It's still a lot less than I've been wearing all week. At least I'm back to a short down jacket, not worrying about my legs falling off from the cold.
I missed seeing Mike, but it was Dad's Night last night and he was in it. It had to be a long, fun night, capped with the famous Dad's Night, all- night reveling.
I need a report- this is the first Dad's Night I did not see in 7 years.
TODAY IS FLAG DAY
(for me every day is flag day)







Yes, Please!
And keep an eye out for Art
and Henry









This way



....and how old were you my friend?





Prosto, prosto!







Straight! straight!






Go that way now




What's in a name? Lot's, when it's a new shop. I hope it's a colorful as his ladders.




In case of emergency






It's all about the clocks this week. I'll be checking them all.




I have tried continually to catch a picture of a bird. Today I give up on the outdoors and find a beauty above me. I actually have some time to stay in town, sit down and drink my coffee. The company in the Village Cafe is always so interesting. I do not get the news- I'm way to late for that. But I do get Tom's Dad's Night review- " really good- the band was great!"
I spot Vince (not in drag) and he tells me the same.








Too Bad Ben and Jerry's! My kids can't figure out how you do not fit in with the Ridgewood downtown character. You look charming, and you give us a great place to sit outside with a big crew, and the goods are terrific! How can a garage be better than you?
I won't bring my car to town if you won't. Especially when we come for ice cream.

squeaks for itself














Sadly, now I know why you had to go.
Just like for people, when the inside is sick there is an end.


But I wonder, how old were you?
How long did you shade this corner with your three giant trunks pointing in three different directions? What kind of leaves did you have? Big green shady ones I hope. Then, before you were fenced away from us, other walkers may have rested beneath you, cooling off on a hot, hot Ridgewood day. There were probably many, many more of them while you grew. The cars did not zoom up and down your avenue then, as they do now.
I like to imagine it was a time when people strolled, and walked under you, and loved you just for being a living tree.


Goodbye old friend


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: