Saturday, March 19, 2011

my two cents

A Chorus Line!
Great Show!
See it this weekend


It's brilliant today
and a lot cooler than yesterday
on Saturday I get to start at 8 instead of 6

 I walked across the field yesterday morning
and it was squishy and wet
I heard the workers had to wait for it to dry to treat it
Interesting that Ridgewood News reported that the fields were closed
until they could be treated.
This lacrosse team is not a figment of my mind
?????


For Pete's sake!
If you ask in public
can you at least tell us the answer?


 SOOK has been on my mind since Thursday
I go back in today for that marvelous scone
The town buzz is already very positive
I pick up a gorgeous apple turnover too
What makes Ridgewood so special is that even thought I am 54 cents short,
they still let me take the turnover,
knowing I will be back.
This trust makes me a customer for life.
As I wander through town, without a penny left in my pocket
I wonder if anyone would spot me for a cup of coffee
The Ridgewood Cafe is long gone, and I miss Micheal, God rest his soul.
He was Ridgewood fixture, kind, funny and generous
and I could always count on him for a cup of coffee.
I really miss that.
I don't think Dunkin Donuts would "loan" me a cup of coffee-
nor do I think Starbucks would either.
Ridgewood Coffee probably would, and that comforts me,
but I don't try

This is so sad.  Clive Christian is gone.
this storefront was my inspiration several years ago.
I peered in the windows and admired that lovely cabinetry.
My kitchen was modeled after the Clive Christian kitchens, and I love it. 

 and it makes me sad to see it gone
along with the storefront and the jobs




Two cents!  found within a foot of each other
I left town peniless, but come home richer

 The Public Service right of way is packed with trucks and workers
they put down this wooden "road" so the trucks could get in
PSE&G workers are putting up new wires for the side of town that kept getting blackouts
because of the old wiring.
Any chance the controversial solar panels will go on these poles?
It would be a good location for them.

And my good fortune continues to the end of my walk.
my found 7 cents make me very happy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: