Friday, March 25, 2011

Cold but dry

 This day begins with a clear sky
temperature below freezing
and a half moon
that casts some light
on to my path


 Except for me... Hah!




 All the news that's fit to print will soon
be not printed
As the NY Times prepares to go digital
I am dismayed
that the pleasure of reading a newspaper will soon be gone.
Is this what we mean by going paper-less?




 Maddie- there you are!
How can you like winter so much?
Are loops are nearly opposite-
I saw you on my block as I started out
and as I head back-
you near home


 Half-mast for whom?

 Now that North Jersey has this good coffee,( and real milk and real cream)
I fix myself a cup that rivals Strabucks
before cashing my check.
And, it's just a few minutes after 7
I really, really like early morning banking



 I don't know how they made it.
I touched the petals and they are stiff



The 100 Hour Burn continues
It was more dramatic yesterday because it was a dark dreary day
and you could really see those lights blazing
I join with the residents
objecting to having bright lights and sports
going on until 10:00 PM
Who thought of that?
I bet it wasn't the moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: