Saturday, March 6, 2010

March 1, 2010 Monday

Now that February is gone I can say it- goodbye!

I could not shake the February Funk that came over me this year. Walking into town is always such a delight, but it filled me with sorrow this Ridgewood Walker year. So many shops closed, among them some of my favorites. I cannot have coffee at the Village Cafe, and do my crossword with Glen. I do not see any pretty French things in the vacant window of Pierre Deux.
The little cafe next to the dry cleaners just closed too.
Irish Eyes- tears fall for you leaving your special corner. And so many more. How are you all paying your mortgages? I pray you have all found a way to keep going, and that you will be resurrected with a new, good life. Goodbye to all of you- you made Ridgewood a delight for me.
Goodbye












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: