Thursday, March 14, 2013

3-14-13

I am wearing my Heat Tech, wool scarf and ski jacket and am fighting the cold.
Wind is whipping up the morning blackness.
But there is light in town, and hope.
 I see a building permit on the store front of what was Cardventure.

The birds are here; butterflies will follow


 Our new hope, Pope Francis


 The stroller is still there from yesterday.
I hope the mother remembers she forgot it here.


The news this morning is about the RHS girls who send nude photos of themselves to a boy who posted them.  These young girls are my daughter's classmates.  What were they thinking?  
The cruelty of the boy betraying them reminds my of Tyler Clementi's roommate.
Is it better to experience this pain at home in Ridgewood, than alone afar?
Let's hope that our compassion and support can get these children through this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: