Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Slush and Mush

Almost 20 degrees warmer than yesterday. The I Phone tells the story- rainy and mushy outside. But it is much worse than that. I chose the wrong boots. I stepped off the sidewalk and the water in the street is already over my laces. I thought it would be icy so I put on my hiking boots. I needed my tall rubber boots. The water is up to the curb and is mixed with snow. There is no place to walk safely. I go to the street, and there is Mike, running up the middle. How do you do it? We both jump onto the sidewalk to avoid a plow taking the corner. It is treacherous- where do we walk?
It is grey. The slush is grey. The sky is grey too.


Inisde it looks inviting.


Taking pictures is impossible- it is raining too hard. An alcove is the only protection from the downpour.








The sidewalk is still better than the street. At the corners the water is up to the curb. The cars- are the deliberately driving near the edge to splash me? I was completley drenched in the first 5 minutes. Winter did not arrive until this week.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: