Tuesday, April 17, 2007

walker's equipment

I needed some basic tools for walking. The lovely boots below were needed for trecking in the Saddle River and other bodies of water- yesterday they met their match when faced with 13 inches of water in the basement. They received several compliments, and in spite of their looks, they are very, very useful.









These Canadians saved me over and over again. they kept me warm on the coldest days, and were sturdy and true especially on ice and packed snow. They came from Quebec where they know about these things.
I wore these the most.


Merrills are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. These were first tried in Ireland where walking is demanding, common and fabulous. Of my 40 days, these were used the least.


LL Beans are snow ready. I am amazed to think how many times since February 21st they were needed. They got me through 2 major snow storms, and torrential rains.

St. Patrick's Day was their biggest workout.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: