Tuesday, April 17, 2007

saturday April 14

I have been wanting to try other ways of getting around, and one is by Kayak. I did not know if it was possible, but I yearned to find out. Could I make it from Saddle River to Ridgewood? I started to think about it more seriously when I found the snowdrops on the banks, and walked up the river one morning to scope it out.
It's so neat that one trek could lead to another.
The water is shallow, but deep enough in most spots from Hollywood Avenue in Saddle River to Ridgewood Avenue. there are a few little riffs, some spots that I had to portage. A handful of fishermen were surprised to see me, and I was surprised to see them.
I have never noticed this little footbridge before.
Looking back at Linwood Avenue was fun. It's hard to recognize the bridges from underneath-
I had walked to this part, and as far upriver from here as I could.



Ridgewood Avenue
Deer tracks were really fresh

I decided to come out at the Duck Pond where it was easy to get out.
I had to disturb an artist at work- I had seen her from the river when I paddled by.

I had to talk to her- I love artists.
Yvette Balboa is sketching all the park benches.
the sketches are gorgeous!
Unbelievably, we ran into each other in the Post Office on Monday- Ridgewood is like that.
we both like benches
The bench she was working on, and the spot she was sitting on were completely under water the next day.
Yvette, I hope I can see the entire series when it's finished.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: